1) Oh, it’s just Calvin Johnson singing a few songs at a friend’s backyard wedding. 2) In San Francisco’s Richmond district, lost umbrellas at the Asian grocery store? 3) The best I could do for National Cat Day. (And by that I mean I just took the picture of someone else’s knitting. Knitting is not one of my skills.) 4) Taking WritersCorps students on a field trip to a ceramics studio, glazes doled out in ice cube trays.
1) Stil life, post-travel. Partial contents of a backpack. 2) Cabin life at a friend’s camping wedding. 3) Puddle splashing on a rainy day in SF. All of the colors of the raincoats and boots were so great. Wish I could have captured more of them. 4) I have limsanity! Phillip Lim for Target travel valise.
1) Made a shopping appointment with Retrofit Republic, came home with some vintage goodies. 2) A San Francisco view from Potrero Hill on a sunny day. 3) My friend’s wedding. A sweet first dance — after the guests have left. 4) Pretzels all the way from Germany. They were perfect.
1) New to my wardrobe: vintage polka dot jacket circa the ’50s or ’60s. I felt a little bad about breaking up the set (it had a matching dress) to buy it, but not too bad. 2) Strawberry season! There’s a vanilla dessert cup underneath all those berries and fresh whipped cream. 3) Also stone fruit season! Crates at Andy’s Orchard, in Morgan Hill, CA where I went one Sunday to pick cherries and peaches. 4) Chickens in Urbania, outside the Bayview Opera House in San Francisco
1) Late night sushi with a friend in town. Ryoko’s, San Francisco. 2) Just a tiny speck among the redwoods! Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve 3) Yes, I photograph chilaquiles on a weekly basis, but this one was especially beautiful (and delicious) 4) The Bay Lights as backdrop to a photo shoot. I think she was getting photos for her quinceanera. It was too chilly a night to be out in a strapless gown.